- There are many benefits to practicing yoga, researchers claim that yoga increases the immune system.
- Wellness is the first reason people practice yoga.
- The two main benefits that encourage people to practice yoga are flexibility and stress relief.
- A study demonstrated that practicing yoga relieved some symptoms and signs of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- A study published in the Experimental Physiology Journal concludes that there are no additional benefit to practicing yoga in hot environments.
- Yoga can improve productivity in the workplace by increasing wellbeing of employees.
- A study published in the Journal of Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology found that the poses of cobra, cat and fish for 20 minutes per day during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle reduced period pain.
- Practicing yoga increases fertility by reducing stress and improving endocrine activity of ovaries and tests.
Marlynn Wei M.D., J.D. Psychology Today. 2018. https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/urban-survival/201802/new-research-how-yoga-boosts-your-immune-system
Yoga Alliance and Yoga Journal 2016 Survey. https://www.yogaalliance.org/Portals/0/2016%20Yoga%20in%20America%20Study%20RESULTS.pdf
Garfinkel MS, Singhal A, Katz WA, Allan DA, Reshetar R, Schumacher, Jr HR. Yoga-Based Intervention for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: A Randomized Trial. JAMA. 1998;280(18):1601–1603. doi:10.1001/jama.280.18.1601 https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/188150
Hunter and al. Effects of yoga interventions practised in heated and thermoneutral conditions on endothelium‐dependent vasodilatation: The Bikram yoga heart study. Experimental Physiology. 2018. https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1113/EP086725
Melissa Thompson. 2015. Business.com https://www.business.com/articles/6-ways-yoga-can-improve-productivity-at-work/
Effect of Three Yoga Poses (Cobra, Cat and Fish Poses) in Women with Primary Dysmenorrhea: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Rakhshaee, Zahra
Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Volume 24, Issue 4, 192 – 196. https://www.jpagonline.org/article/S1083-3188(11)00060-X/pdf
Julie Seguss and Eden G. Fromberg, D.O. 2015. Parent.com https://www.parents.com/getting-pregnant/pre-pregnancy-health/exercise/fertility-boosting-yoga-poses/?