- In 2016, ‘yoga’ was one of the most searched words on Google in the UK.
- Some Christians churches are opposed to the practice of yoga as it can create spiritual confusion.
- Lenovo named a tablet ‘yoga’ due to its flexibility.
- Morning is the best time to practice yoga.
- Nouf Marwai contributed to the legalization of yoga in Saudi Arabia.
- According to ancient yogis, we are born with a limited number of breaths.
- Gaim, Manduka, Hugger Mugger, Jade Yoga and Lululemon are the top five equipment brand used in yoga studios.
- Yogis are often vegetarian since they practice ahimsa, non-violence.
- In San Diego at the Rady Children’s Hospital, oncology patients and their families practice yoga.
- Ayurveda is a healing system for the entire body complementary to yoga and meditation.
- During a Thai yoga massage session, the therapist guides the client into various yoga poses while applying deep muscle compression.
Bridgid Delaney. 2017. The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/sep/17/yoga-better-person-lifestyle-exercise
Cyndi Lee. 2007. Yoga Journal. https://www.yogajournal.com/practice/finding-the-best-time-to-practice
Yoga Alliance and Yoga Journal 2016 Survey. https://www.yogaalliance.org/Portals/0/2016%20Yoga%20in%20America%20Study%20RESULTS.pdf
Leah Sugerman. Do you yoga. https://www.doyouyoga.com/ask-a-yogi-whats-the-link-between-yoga-and-vegetarianism-80071/
Lindsay Tucker. 2019. Yoga Journal. https://www.yogajournal.com/lifestyle/yoga-is-helping-kids-with-cancer
Planet Ayurveda. https://www.planetayurveda.com/yoga-and-meditation-in-ayurveda/
Lotus Palm. http://www.lotuspalm.com/thai-massage/