Since mala beads store and absorb energies, it is important to clean your mala occasionally. Also, a mala should only be worn or even touched by a single person. Cleaning your mala resets its energetic qualities. Here are a few of the best ways to clean your mala:
- Expose your mala to sunlight or moonlight;
- Burn white sage or Palo Santo over your mala;
- Place your mala in a singing bowl and ring the edges;
- Place your favorite gemstones around your mala;
- Chant with your mala in-hand;
- Place your mala in a bowl of warm water with a touch of sea salt;
- Cleanse your mala in the ocean.
After cleaning your mala, it is important to reset your intention, it could be the same or a new intention.