- The global yoga market is worth $80 billion.
- $2.5 billion is spent on yoga instruction per year.
- $5.7 billion is spent on yoga products.
- 36 million Americans practice yoga.
- 72.2% of the American population that practices yoga are women.
- The sun salutation is composed of 8 basic yoga poses.
- The body is composed of 7 main chakras or energy centers.
- 1.7 million American children (under the age of 17) practice yoga.
- Bikram Choudhury, who invented Bikram yoga, tried to copyright his 26-pose sequence.
- The mala is made of 108 + 1 beads.
- Around the world, there are approximately 300 million yogis.
Yoga Journal report. 2016. Available at : http://media.yogajournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016YIAS-Release-Final.pdf
Richard Rosen. Yoga Journal. 2007. Available at : https://www.yogajournal.com/poses/here-comes-the-sun
Andrea Ferretti. Yoga Journal. 2014. Available at : https://www.yogajournal.com/practice/beginners-guide-chakras
Jennifer D’Angelo Friedman. Yoga Journal. 2015. Available at : https://www.yogajournal.com/lifestyle/rejection-bikram-copyright-upheld-means-future-yoga
Samatha Trueheart. Yoga Journal. 2015. Available: https://www.yogajournal.com/meditation/find-perfect-mala