- The symmetry and the beauty of a lotus flower means to resemble the lotus pose.
- Savasana or corpse pose is considered one of the hardest asana.
- Traditionally, 20 to 30 minutes was spent in Savasana (Corpse Pose) at the end of a yoga practice.
- The headstand is considered the most dangerous yoga pose, with shoulder stand and variations of the lotus pose also cause more injuries than other yoga poses.
- There is a drishti or a gaze for each pose.
- The main restorative yoga poses are the following: child, corpse, happy baby, leg-up-the-wall, reclining bound angle, reclining hand-to-big toe and reclining hero pose.
Julianna Baldec. 24 Yoga Strength Training Poses : Body Control & Mindset. 2014.
Nikki Costello. 2013. Yoga Journal. https://www.yogajournal.com/practice/corpse-pose
Thank your body. https://www.thankyourbody.com/lessons-from-savasana/
Cramer H, Krucoff C, Dobos G. Adverse events associated with yoga: a systematic review of published case reports and case series. PLoS One. 2013;8(10):e75515. Published 2013 Oct 16. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0075515 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3797727/
David Life. 2007. Yoga Journal. https://www.yogajournal.com/yoga-101/the-eye-of-the-beholder
Yoga Journal. https://www.yogajournal.com/poses/types/restorative