You have purchased a beautiful mala and are wondering how to use it.
Here are few simple steps to use your mala to mediate.
Japa meditation cycle – repetition of your mantra 108 times, once per bead.
- Set your intention*;
- Sit comfortably with your eyes closed;
- Find your breath and empty your mind;
- Hold mala beads in right hand draped between middle and index fingers
- -Start with the guru bead;
- Recite your mantra (or positive affirmation) chanting aloud or silently while turning the thumb clockwise around each bead. Everytime you complete the mantra you advance one bead;
- Repeat the steps – once you reach the guru bead, flip the mala around and go in the opposite direction.
*It is important to activate if using a new mala or reactivate if you wish to change intention.